i recommend skip G4 tower series... and hunt for G5...
You may exchange your E700 with a AGP G4 and find a upgrade sonnet
card too... Mighter than 1000 Mhz and adding cheap Rams will give you
good machine... But as i said i would skip all of it and find a base
budget G5, if you have budget for LCD screen. With G5 you have a widen
graphic card support and ram support with perfect case... You do not
need very fast cpu's... So heat and noice wont be problem. With faster
G4 processors noice and heat increasing. I would recomment a G5
arround 1.8n Mhz... Base machine for your needs. 2 GB ram... It will
include good DVD recorder that better than most budget G4s and better
graphic card and upgrade options with perfect physical condition.

--
Baha Ata