On Mar 2, 2009, at 8:13 AM, Aaron wrote:

> After thinking about what I wrote, I believe that you can get the
> same information with Disk Utility. The volumes are listed in the
> left-hand column in their order on the disk.
>
> If a volume's directory is within the 128GB limit, it should show
> up as mounted, even though reads and writes to part of the volume
> may fail (silently??). If a volume's directory is beyond the 128GB
> limit, it should show up, but as unmountable, since its directory
> will not be readable.

The limit only applies to drives attached to the Mac's onboard IDE/
ATA channel. It is (simplified) a hardware limit of the controllers
on the motherboard, not a software limit.

The Mac only sees a firewire storage device. It does not matter if it
is a 10GB or 1.5TB single drive or a 6TB Raid. As long as the
enclosure's chipset supports it, your Mac will see any size attached
Firewire drive just fine.

Len