I have inherited a Beige G3 Minitower with 2 IDE hard drives, one is
~20 Gb while the other is ~30 Gb.  On one is MacOS 9.2 while on the
other is MacOS 8.6.  The issue is that boot ups are very slow almost
like the machine is searching for a startup disk.  The system is maxed
out insofar as installed RAM is concerned and both HDs have been
thoroughly diagnosed and optimized using Disk Warrior and other disk
utilities.  Each drive is connected separately to one of the two IDE
plugs on the motherboard.  One shares this with the CD-ROM drive while
the other doesn't share via its IDE cable.  Is this the correct
configuration for two IDE drives?  Just wondering what is causing such
intolerably slow (up to 1 minute or more) boot ups when the start up
disk has been specifically selected under control panels.  The slow
start up happens no matter whether it is the OS 8.6 or the 9.2 system
disk which is selected.  I do have a Rev. B card in the machine if
that's an issue which I don't think it should be.  Thanks for all
help!

Will I Am