I need a VGA DB-15 PCI video card to install in slot #2 of my Yikes!
to drive my high resolution monochrome Apple Portrait Monitor (c.
1990) next to my ViewSonic flat screen monitor running from slot #1.
Slots #3 and #4 presently run various Firewire and USB peripherals.

Apple's manual accompanying my portrait monitor says it needs a
"NuBus expansion card" but my manual "Setting Up Your Power Macintosh
G4: Includes ... expansion information...." says "NuBus cards cannot
be used in **THESE** expansion slots" where "**THESE**" seems to mean
ATA slots only but could also mean all four slots -- depending on
careful reading.

The Yikes! manual also says Apple Desktop Bus (ADB) ports are not
supported but the portrait monitor's manual says the monitor's
interface is ADB. What solution, if any, is suggested by all this?

Here's what my System Profiler says about my current graphics and
display:

ATY, Rage 128:
   Chipset Model:       ATY, Rage 128
   Type:        Display
   Bus: PCI
   Slot:        J12
   VRAM (Total):        16 MB
   Vendor:      ATI (0x1002)
   Device ID:   0x5245
   Revision ID: 0x0000
   ROM Revision:        113-57407-204

Display: VA2226w-11:
   Resolution:  1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
   Depth:       16-bit Color
   Core Image:  Not Supported
   Main Display:        Yes
   Mirror:      Off
   Online:      Yes
   Quartz Extreme:      Not Supported

Here's what my System Profiler says about my SCSI PCI cards:

ADPT, 1686806-04:
   Name:        ADPT, 2930CU
   Type:        scsi
   Bus: PCI
   Slot:        J11
   Vendor ID:   0x9004
   Device ID:   0x5078
   Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x9004
   Subsystem ID:        0x7850
   Revision ID: 0x0003

The computer end of my portrait monitor's cable is eight pins over
seven pins.

I used my portrait monitor throughout the period when my only
computer was a G3 Beige and then a G3 Blue and White.

Evan

Evan Wilson
6302 Mountain Park Cove
Austin, Texas  78731-2611