So, let me get this straight (forgive my ignorance. I'm used to the
plug-n-play of the "beige" processor upgrades that had their own built-
in heatsinks). If I decide to upgrade the processor in my Quicksilver
to a later quicksilver processor (for example, putting a used gual
1GHz in a QS933 motherboard), do I have to apply anything to the two
processors, since the heat sink and processor boards would be two
"separated" pieces (i.e. you have to take the heat sink off just to
get the processor out of the machine)?

I wouldn't want to take a chance on "frying" a precious upgrade!

Andy