On Mar 21, 2009, at 7:41 AM, Debra Platt wrote:

> Will 10.5 run OK on a PB G4 15", 1ghz with 1.5 gb ram? I am upgrading
> the hard drive and was thinking about making the switch while I'm
> spending the time. I use Adobe CS occasionally.
>
> Will upgrading the ram from 1.5 gb to 2 gb help that much?

Yeah, great. Adding the extra ram might help with CS, but barring
specific circumstances, noticeable performance gains diminish after
getting above 1Gig.

Once you get 10.5 installed, with the current RAM, install Menu Meters
<http://tinyurl.com/8d5vn> and keep an eye on RAM usage. If you
consistently find yourself with a very small amount free, boosting RAM
will help.

I have 768 megs in mine, and it runs fine (although I don't use CS at
all on it).

--
Bruce Johnson

"Wherever you go, there you are" B. Banzai,  PhD