On 06/07/2009, glen <glenst...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Did you update the firmware on your B&W?  Be sure that you follow
>> installation directions exactly or the Sonnet will not work.  You
>> should have gotten a CD from Sonnet when you bought your upgrade.
>> The CD contains an installer that will upgrade the firmware on your
>> Mac, and this must be done before you install the Sonnet Encore G4.

Well, I have no CD, as I bought the chip from a very pleasant chap on
the LEMswaps list, 2nd hand.

> Sonnet has downloads of the Firmware Updater Installer and the SonnetCache
> Enabler at:
> <http://www.sonnettech.com/support/downloads/processorupgradecards.html>

Wonderful! Many thanks - and to the others who have posted to
enlighten me about my rookie mistake.

Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lpro...@gmail.com
MSN: lpro...@hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508