Checking in:

On Jul 21, 2009, at 11:20 AM, Bill Connelly wrote:

> On Jul 18, 2009, at 12:27 PM, Bill Connelly wrote:
>

>> Another Blue Screen stall on Cold Startup this AM.
>
> Awhile ago, I began seeing a message about a Keyboard or keystroke

Why this is happening after installing RAM I don't know ...

Getting yet another stall, I removed my Sonnet Tango FW/USB PCI card,
and left my M-Audio Delta 2496 PCI one, moving it to a lower Slot4. In
the past, I had what seemed like conflicts between the M-Audio and
Sonnet, on my old mobo, so I'm thinking that might have been a real
issue. I might try the Sonnet in a Slot3, "above" the M-Audio later.

Often the stall would occur at the point where it was trying to load
several different files related to M-Audio. On Restart, I would
sometimes get did not loaded properly messages about the same M-Audio
files. So, maybe a PCI bridge conflict between multiple purpose PCI
cards? M-Audio has MIDI / SPDIF / Stereo In/Out and the Sonnet has
USB1.1 and FW400.

Without the USB/FW card, the log looks  cleaner, and I have not gotten
a stall as yet (3 or so Startups/Restarts).

Perhaps the suggestion awhile ago of getting something with a USB hub
would be an up-to-date solution. Maybe the NewerTech External SATA box
with FW/USB ports would be a better solution, once they solve the
firmware conflict between Seagate 1.5TB drives and the NewerTech SATA
bridge.