Well this turns out to be a lively thread. Great.

First, why do I want to migrate: To get more "modern", but mostly
there are a few small, picky things that annoy me about Eudroa 6.0
(some may just be due to my ignorance or misuse). 1. I don't like that
it distinguishes "mailboxes" from Folders and only sorts "mailboxes"
to the top of the list. 2. I never seem to get the filters to work as
I'd like; 3. any spam feature (if there is one) doesn't work well.

So I downloaded Thunderbird, but on my setup (currently on the road,
booting from an external HD through an IBook G4) it has one very
inconvenient "attribute", i.e. often when expanding a Mailbox folder
it doesn't respond immediately.
Does anyone else experience that?

BTW, I downloaded Eudora Mail Cleaner and it seems to work like a
charm at least exporting to Thunderbird.
I don't think it exports to Outlook though, but it is designed to
mitigate the very problem you mention Gorka.

It looks like MailForge is still in Beta and in any case not open
source.

I'm going to take a look at Penelope.

Cliff