On Aug 29, 2009, at 12:24 AM, Nestamicky <nestami...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/28/09 6:49 PM, diane wrote:
>>
>> That said, is OO still the better choice, or would NeoOffice be?
>>
> I did what you did and was annoyed when I noticed that OO is an
> Intel champion now. I have NeoOffice on my Ti and it's slow. I
> assume it would be on your G4 as well. I want to think it's better
> than other known alternatives, still.

OO won't even open on the G4!  :(

There was another I found in the archives.... Thinkfree? I did an
online conversion on a Word RTF and it worked fine. Then opened the
same RTF in neooffice and that worked. I can't get the .doc to open
because of the formatting. I have Word but have always hated it and
Leopard broke my Word Prerfect. I just need to find something cheap
and simple that will open those damned MS files. Something that I can
use simple keystrokes for basic formatting. I still remember DOS. Mac
or not, a keyboard is still quicker than a mouse when doing heavy
typing.

Diane