So, just to jump in and possibly confuse things more, a SATA drive,
connected via a pci card, would also be "strangled" by the limits of
the pci bus? So in my fw800, a drive connected to the ata100 bus would
read/write faster than one connected via a pci card? Assuming the same/
similar drive (spindle speed/cache size) in both cases that is.
OR, (if I'm remembering right) would the fact that a sata drive can
read and write simultaneously outweigh the (possibly) slower bus
speed, or am I totally making this all up?