On Sep 23, 2009, at 11:20 AM, mkehoe wrote:

>  I want to make sure I understand about the
> process of authorization.  We have one computer at present, (MDD G4
> dual 867mHz), registered with Apple.

The authorization only affects iTunes, and then only if you have
bought video or audio content from iTunes that is Fairplay protected.

>  We want to move the internal
> hard drive, including the boot-up drive to a used MDD G4 dual 1.25mHz
> in the same generation.  What is the order of how to proceed, in terms
> of de-authorizing, re-authorizing, and removing and installation of
> the hard drives, including the start-up drive?

Note: You're not authorizing the computer with Apple, you're
authorizing this computer to play Fairplay DRM'ed music and videos
linked to your iTunes account. If you don't have any stuff from the
iTunes store, you don't need to to do this.

Start iTunes on the old computer. Under the 'Store' menu select 'De-
authorize Computer', you'll be prompted to enter your iTunes store
login.

Shut everything down, transfer the drives.

Start iTunes on the New computer and now, under the Store menu, select
Authorize computer.

Again, you'll be prompted to enter the iTunes login.

All done.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona