On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 10:25 PM, Richard Gerome
<onecoolka...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hey Stephen,
>     Did this set up work before?
     I had 1 USB 4 Port Hub on one USB port and the KB on another

 If not, are you piggy backing 2 hubs to one USB port in the computer?
Nope, each is on is own (each 4 port hub)

 Also another thing would be are they 1.1 USB ports or 2.0?
No idea. Here are their model numbers

F5U014-OE (
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:TJwCsGlzYBUJ:www.belkin.com/support/download/download.asp%3Fdownload%3DF5U014-OE%26lang%3D1%26mode%3D+F5U014-OE&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari
)

A search of their site finds me nothing thus the Google cache site

2nd one
http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=93743

 The camera and or the opt mouse might need a 2.0 USB port, and this
might be your problem?
The Mouse is a Logitech LX3 Optical Mouse

 Is this a laptop or a tower?
Tower. A Mac G4 Quicksilver

If it's a tower you might be able to add more USB ports and I would go
with the 2.0...
I am looking into this. Anyone?

Another thing I would plug all the hubs into the power strip so they
are all free from the bus!!!
Find me a DC 5V cord and I will put the first mentioned hob on it

 Try powering all these things alone off the computer USB port to rule
out any bad hardware (opti mouse, camera and thumbs)... If they all
work then the problem is the hubs or they way they are set up...
Before I added the 2nd Hub I never saw this problem.

--
Steve Conrad
Henrietta, MO 64036

"The time has come for mankind to grow up and leave its cradle behind;
to go forth and claim our place in outer space."
                   - Capt. Henry Gloval

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")