On Nov 27, 1:22 pm, Kasey Smith <kasm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 27, 2009, at 10:35 AM, Bruce Johnson wrote:
>
> > Any typical USB two-button+scrollwheel PC mouse will also work with
> > full functionality out of the box on OS X, the left button clicks, the
> > right control-clicks and the scroll wheel scrolls. I've also never run
> > into a wireless mouse that didn't work.

Even this:
http://www.amazon.com/Targus-AMB08US-Bluetooth-Laser-Mouse/dp/B001HQDFAS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1259368628&sr=8-3
with optical side-scrolling worked out of the box.  The only thing the
Targus software does is enable the < > buttons (which only work in
Safari).  And it beats the heck out of those wheel-scrollers! 8-)
V Mabus