On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 11:59 PM, Charles Lenington <macso...@tds.net> wrote:

> Stephen Conrad wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 10:25 PM, Richard Gerome
>> <onecoolka...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Stephen,
>>>     Did this set up work before?
>>>
>>      I had 1 USB 4 Port Hub on one USB port and the KB on another
>>
>>  If not, are you piggy backing 2 hubs to one USB port in the computer?
>> Nope, each is on is own (each 4 port hub)
>>
>>  Also another thing would be are they 1.1 USB ports or 2.0?
>> No idea. Here are their model numbers
>>
>> F5U014-OE (
>> http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:TJwCsGlzYBUJ:www.belkin.com/support/download/download.asp%3Fdownload%3DF5U014-OE%26lang%3D1%26mode%3D+F5U014-OE&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari
>> )
>>
>> A search of their site finds me nothing thus the Google cache site
>>
>> 2nd one
>> http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=93743
>>
>>  The camera and or the opt mouse might need a 2.0 USB port, and this
>> might be your problem?
>> The Mouse is a Logitech LX3 Optical Mouse
>>
>>  Is this a laptop or a tower?
>> Tower. A Mac G4 Quicksilver
>>
>> If it's a tower you might be able to add more USB ports and I would go
>> with the 2.0...
>> I am looking into this. Anyone?
>>
>> Another thing I would plug all the hubs into the power strip so they
>> are all free from the bus!!!
>> Find me a DC 5V cord and I will put the first mentioned hob on it
>>
>>  Try powering all these things alone off the computer USB port to rule
>> out any bad hardware (opti mouse, camera and thumbs)... If they all
>> work then the problem is the hubs or they way they are set up...
>> Before I added the 2nd Hub I never saw this problem.
>>

> Do you have a powered zip drive, or 5vdc netgear hub?  borrow the wall
> wart to test with if plug fits.
>
> Too bad u r in Philly I would of loaned you one I have in Oklahoma.

Nope, at least none with a power cord.
I tried a different USB Hub but no luck (Mouse which is plugged in KB
worked but not the KB)

4 Port USB 2.0 Hub
inland
www.inland-products.com  MA3303
9barcode)
Made in China   2005143727

--
Steve Conrad
Henrietta, MO 64036

"The time has come for mankind to grow up and leave its cradle behind;
to go forth and claim our place in outer space."
                   - Capt. Henry Gloval

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")