Living out in the sticks has its disadvantages such as being stuck
with dial up internet.

Finally, I found a provider (3g) that gives me a solid unlimited (10x
dial up) speeds that I'm using on my Powerbook aluminum.

My old Gigabit desktop just is not up to the task and I'm considering
a Mac Mini.  What do you guys think?

The Powerbook is a 1.25GHz w/2GB RAM while the Gigabit desktop is a
400MHz 768MB RAM.

Note that this provider is via a USB modem.  I'm assuming that the
USB 1.0 port on the Gigabit cannot take full advantage of this service.

TIA

JT