Well I have a USB2.0 hub on my desk and when I want to download photos from my
camera I just take the SD card out , insert it into one end of this little
reader and then plug the USB end of the reader into any spare slot of the hub.
My hub has vertical slots so the width is not a problem.
Like I said before - fast, easy and cheap.

Stewie