On Nov 26, 2009, at 10:50 AM, Michael B. in Cincinnati wrote:

> I have a DP 533 DA, and I also installed a flashed GeForce 6200 AGP
> card. It made a significant difference; between that and an Acard SATA
> card, my machine is pretty useful. My test application was Klondyke
> Forever; the animation with the Rage 128 card was unusable, but with
> the 6200, it runs smoothly and easily.
>
> The one limitation I find with this machine is YouTube. I'm a career
> college instructor, and there's a lot of video resources on YouTube
> that I can't use with this machine. It just takes too much CPU
> horsepower. Although this machine is fine in most other respects
> (browsing, streaming audio, office applications, etc), that one issue
> has me looking wistfully at used G5's. I know that Mac Mini's are a
> cheap way into the current Apple Intel system, but I'm an engineer and
> a tower guy.
> - Michael B. in Cincinnati

I have the "same" DA Dual 533 with SATA card and now an agp ATI Radeon
9800 Pro. I love the historical Jazz performers you find on YouTube.

Same bad behavior with YouTube videos. I believe its actually Adobe's
Flash Player we're having difficulty with playback in our browsers.

If I download the YouTube video, it plays fine using VLC. No herky-
jerky behavior like in the browsers.

Boo Adobe?