Hi,

Hoping someone can point me here...

Our LaserJet 4100n is having some print problems -- light areas on
the pages, schmutzy dots, some light vertical bars.

M'housemate thought it was a toner cartridge issue, so he tried two
others (not new) - didn't fix.

I grabbed the original toner cart (real HP), tipped it a bit, and put
it back in.  That made the pages print evenly (yea, the toner level
is low), but still with some schmutz and several vertical light bars.

Then I followed the directions in the manual... Printed the cleaning
page, used the cleaning page, printed a test.  Immediately schmutz
went away!  Five more cleaning pages later, and all the light bars
except one have gone away.  That remaining bar is about 1/8" wide, 3
3/4" from the right edge of the paper; light but annoying.  It's
"quality" has not changed at all, during the last couple of cleanings.

What should I try next?  Is this a fuser problem?  Or is this a
roller problem?  Or?  If it's a roller, how do I figure out which
one?  How do I get in there to clean? .... I've been looking for some
sort of doc online that shows the internal guts of the thing, but so
far nada.

According to the printer's web interface, the maintenance kit is at
67% and the HP toner cart is at 4%.

Thanks,
- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.