On Dec 2, 12:23 am, Broos <bro...@verizon.net> wrote:

> There are enough spare parts left over that I should still be able to
> build the Beige into a runner with the ATI rage video card and 350MHz
> G3 zif and spare RAM from the B&W.  But, now that I have opened the
> case and removed parts I can not get the Beige to turn on.
> When I press the power button the PS fan comes on for about a second
> and then shuts down.

As others have already pointed out you need to reset the CPU speed
jumpers on the motherboard of a beige G3 whenever you swap CPUs. For
350 MHz the G3 board settings are xSSxSSSxx (s=jumpered, x=empty).
However the beige board only runs at 66MHz so a 350 MHz from a B&W
should be able to run at 533 MHz in a beige, jumpers for 533 MHz are
xxSSSSSxx.