Hi Listers,

Sorry I haven't been back but with *most* of my problems solved, I've
been too busy enjoying my Macs. :-) Anyway, present status:

1. After my BF replaced its PRAM battery, the Mini worked just fine.

2. My boyfriend helped me establish an Ethernet network (I have a hub)
and KVM sharing/switching between the Quicksilver and Mini. (OOOH!! :-D)

This network is almost fantabulous, except I somehow ended up with a
minor issue with the Quicksilver's Network Preferences pane I have to
fix to fully complete my vision (not to mention finally get off dialup
in the next week or so: I just ordered a Verizon DSL and voice
communications package today).

Here's the problem -- when I go to System Prefs and click "Network," I
get this dialog box that says "Your network settings have been changed
by another application." I click the OK in this box, but it keeps
popping up in my face, it won't go away, I can't actually get at my
network preferences. The only way to make that weird dialog box go away
is to force quit System Prefs! When I discovered this originally (over
the Thanksgiving holiday weekend when me and my BF were setting this
up), I had planned to set the Quicksilver's network prefs so that the
Mini could show up on its desktop (this is the minor issue I referred to
above). I still want to do that, but I'll also have to get in there I'm
sure when I get my DSL modem from Verizon and I need to set that up.

I suspect the possibility that the Network pref pane got corrupted
somehow and I can fix it by deleting it, but I'm afraid to chance losing
my settings, which I can't get at, and I still need to use my existing
dialup account until I get the DSL up and running.

Does anyone know if my suspicion to delete
com.apple.NetworkDiagnostics.plist is actually the solution, and if I do
it, will I lose my existing dialup internet settings? Oh. G4 867
Quicksilver running Tiger 10.4.11.

One more quickie question: I decided to unmount one of the Quicksilver's
  internal HDs from the Mini, then decided I wanted it back, only when I
go to Network (from either a Sidebar or the Go menu in Finder), it no
longer "offers" that drive -- it's greyed out. Anyone know why?

Thank you so much,

~Yersinia.