Dan writes,

<Go into the Security system preferences and check the item to make it
lock your system preferences.

What's happening is that the Network pane is comparing its stored
settings against the live settings currently running (that were
updated by the DHCP client) - and complaining that there's a
difference.  Locking things will make that complaint go away.   Dumb
bug.>

Ooooh wow! Thank you, I did this and I'm able to get into my
Quicksilver's Network prefs pane without that PITA dialog box.   :-D

<Did the drive spin down on the QS?>

Ummmm, how would I be able to tell if it had?

Would it be a good idea to reboot both the Mini and the Quicksilver to
"reset" all this stuff? Also, how come I still don't have Network in my
QS's sidebars even though I do in my Mini's?)

<Tip:  While the drive is mounted, make an alias of it.  Then you can
remount it simply by double-clicking that alias, without having to go
into the Networks pane and waiting for it to refresh.>

Presuming I can ever get it to remount on the Mini, I will. Think I'll
try it with the "other" QS HD (which I never unmounted), though. If I
have the aliases, then I only need those and can unmount the "real" ones?

Thanks again,

~Yersinia.