At 4:39 PM +0000 1/17/10, Ted Treen wrote:
Got my Dual 2.0 G5 (Manufactured June 2005) in August 2008. Installed Leopard on it same day. Never had a problem using Office 2008, Adobe CS3, or anything else. Happily running 10.5.8 since it was released.

I have however, never used Software Update for OS upgrades - I've ALWAYS downloaded the relevant combo update instead.

Agreed, YMMV

I will concur that Leopard is snappier than Tiger on my DP 1.42 G4. Could have also been the new hard drives I installed.

I'd blame MS before Leo but that's just me. :P

Diane