----------  Original message  ----------
Subject: Re: Why are you (still) using PowerPC-based Macs?
Date:    Donnerstag 21 Januar 2010N
From:    John Carmonne <carmo...@aol.com>
To:      g3-5-list@googlegroups.com

> What makes you think just because Apple drops support for PPCs and OX
>  10.411 and 10.5.8 that all of a sudden every thing will cease to work?

Sorry, I have to choose my worlds more carefully. I'm not a native speaker, so
I made a mistake.
What I meant to point out was that all updated Software will not run on
PowerPC based Macs in the time coming.

>  still run my QuickBooks 2007, AppleWorks 6 and a host of other stuff My G3
>  iMacs at my shop and the same programs on my G5s and MBPs at the house.

I have a 1998 PC in the cellar, a G3 B&W in the office, a G5 Late 2005 at home
and I carry my IBM ThinkPad R51 laptop around alot.

Additionally I have a QS2001 and an AGP-400, and I lent away an MDD and a
GE-1400 (processor upgrade).

I only bought the PC, the ThinkPad and the G5. All other computers were
presents.

>  Apple didn't plant a bomb in theses boxes to go off at will like Windoze
>  does .

Yeah, sorry for the misleading words.

>  I have some very expensive CAD software that only will run on OS9 believe
>  it or not. I need that stuff every day. A lot of us don't need Apple to
>  support our machines anyway there's a lot of stuff out there for a long
>  long time.

I believe it.
Believe it or not, I'm still playing mid-1990's DOS computer games with
ScummVM and DOSBox on any of my machines (in Windows, Linux and Mac OS X).

> But that's just me.

Thanks for the answer.

> John Carmonne
> Yorba Linda USA