My personal take on Dan's post is why can't the SAFARI folks at Apple
investigate the problem, verify the source, and, if appropriate, open
up a problem with WebKit. Was some law passed while I was napping
which prevents development organizations from trying to get bugs fixed
in critical external components their project depends on?

I can maybe see why they'd rather someone else did their grunt work.
But if their work depends on a component then I'd expect them to be
pushing hard(er) to see that whatever is broken gets fixed. Who in
particular is going to be doing the fixing feels more like a
sub-issue.

I'm just saying ...

Oh, well.

-irrational john