On Apr 25, 2010, at 1:57 PM, Richard Gerome wrote:

At 12:10 PM -0400 4/25/2010, Richard Gerome wrote:
Just for safety sake as soon as I get my Ti Powerbook fixed I'm going to try and make some copies of it!!!

Making a backup of an installation CD/DVD is a good plan.

(I already have some friends trying) I think that's why that Jaguar disc went bad???

"went bad"? Not sure what you mean. I guess I could see a disc being damaged if the drive was foo, but other than that, making a copy does not damage a disc in any way.
--

It didn't go bad from copying it, I was using it to reload Jaguar on all those Clamshells I was rebuilding and one day it stopped working... I didn't know why but I was thinking it used up all it's licenses??? That's when I got another Jaguar Disc and made 6 copies of it...

To get the snarky comment out of the way, How does it feel to be a pirate?

Each Jaguar CD comes with a license to install on 1 Macintosh computer, unless you bought a family pack. Then it is for up to 5 installs in one household, not for computers to be given away or sold. Apple does not enforce this license in as draconian way as MS, but a license is a license. By installing it on more than 1 computer, you are pirating Apple software.

That being said, there is no authorization or validation system for Mac OS installs, YET. If the CD stopped working, it was damaged in someway. A scratch, peanut butter on the surface or something similar.

Len