At 1:57 PM -0400 4/25/2010, Richard Gerome wrote:
It didn't go bad from copying it, I was using it to reload Jaguar on all those Clamshells I was rebuilding and one day it stopped working... I didn't know why but I was thinking it used up all it's licenses??? That's when I got another Jaguar Disc and made 6 copies of it...

No. The media is read-only. There is no concept of "used up". If the media didn't work then either it had been damaged or that Mac's optical drive was foo.

FWIW... I have here in a rack one each of the OS releases on CD/DVD. Never backed any of 'em up. But then again, I doubt I used any of them more than once or twice. OS X is *monolithic*. That means the full retail installation will run on any Mac (that that particular version supports, of course). Once you install it on the first machine, and apply the available updates, and install your apps and such, make a clone/backup (use CCC or SuperDuper) on an external HD. From then on, to install on another machine, just slap a copy of that backup into it! No lengthy re-install necessary!

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.