> > Really  miss the adjustment buttons on the frame of the old 20" Dell 2005
>UltraSharp  that died. --glen
>

> Do you know what went bad? It is most likely either  an inverter, caps or the
>likeliest problem, bulbs burned out. If you want that  monitor repaired, I and
>likely a few others on this list can do them. I have a  decent supplier for
>monitor bulbs, about 10-20 bucks per bulb, depending on the  size of the
>display. 20 inch is likely around the 14 to 15 dollar range per  bulb.

The Dell started having a problem with  the screen image rolling down (or up
depending on your reference). Sort of like the very old CRT TV's that needed
the
horizontal hold adjusted. I'm talking about 1950's or 60's TV's. Don't know if
you are old enough to know what I am talking about.

Once the Dell warmed up the problem went away. It  got worse last Winter when
the room temp was 50-60 F. The rolling was so fast it just a series of thin
lines -- no image. Once the monitor warmed up, all was OK. The work around was
to set the auto wakeup time for an hour or two before I needed to use the G4 DA
the Dell was attached to.

Recently the rolling started an hour or two after the monitor warmed up and was
stable. This made for a difficult if not impossible to be useful in a work
environment  -- soooo time for a new monitor.

The new monitor is definitely sharper than aged Dell -- but if a cheap repair
is
possible I would be willing to give it a try.  I could find a very productive
use for the old Dell. Thanks for the info --glen