My Rage 128 pro card had problems only when I ran leopard on it. No quartz
extreme, or core image. The graphics were crawling slower than a snail and
made the PowerPC G4 processor seem slow. After I got an upgrade to a 128MB
ATI  Radeon 9800 Pro (I am actually surprised that a video card that good
can be put in a sawtooth...) AGP which I pulled out of a PC and flashed it.
I have a 23" dell, and it works good now. As far as Mac OS 9 is concerned,
the Rage 128 Pro card is okay. I ran the Radeon 9800 pro card in leopard,
and it was fast! Tiger, even aster. In jaguar, the effects were so smooth
that it looked like a newly bought mac. In Leopard, it did also have the new
mac smooth window affects, just a quarter of a second slower. In Mac OS 9,
the 9800 Pro card was so fast it exploded. not really, it didn't explode but
it was fast!

--
 Sent from my PM G4 Sawtooth
"It's anyway, anyhow, anywhere you choose it." -Me