Ok I got everything up and running now but I still can not get the video
card to work, the computer won't even boot up... The video card I got for it is
a: PNY Tech Inc GeForce FX5200 DDR 128mb I tried running the disc that came
with it and there isn't any download for the Apple only PC's, how do I get this
to work??? I know there is a way because so many of you told me about it and
the guy I got it from told me it would work too but he didn't know how to do
it... It only cost me $15 so it's not a lot of money... The booklet I got says
something about plugging in one of those cords in the tower that are in all the
drives but there is no place for one one the card?? I'm thinking maybe the
FX6200 needs to be plugged in??? I am totally lost any help would be greatly
appreciated, I'm almost done with this for my friend and she is very excited
about it so far!!!
  Also another thing was partitioning this 250g HD into 2 125g??? It read 128g
and when I split it, it slpit up the 128 into 2 64's so I just left it 128 and
single for now... It is a 250g 7200rpm PATA HD... I'm sure I could save
everything that I did and split it later??? I'm also going to plug in her orig
30g because of the extra plugs for it as soon as I find some screws for it...

>On Sep 7, 2010, at 4:40 PM, Richard Gerome wrote:
>
>>   No the only things I changed were the hard drive, DVD/CD super drive, more
>> memory, video card and an airport card... Used a 250G 7200rpm PATA hard
>> drive instead of the PCI card with a SATA drive... The CPU would be a
>> processor upgrade which I didn't do, it is still the old 466mhz, this was
>> the next thing but later down the road... I've been thinking about putting
>> all the old stuff back in and doing the hard drive last, but this doesn't
>> make sense to me because I basically did the same thing to my powerbook
>> without any trouble...
>
>Well of all the things, the most likely to cause 'no turning on at all' would
>be the video card or the memory, or even more likely accidentally
>disconnecting some part of the power supply when doing all the aforementioned
>changes...
>
>Double-chceck and reset all the connections, then start rolling back parts.
>Slow and tedious but debugging hardware is that way.
>
>There was the time I discovered some really weird problems in my PM7600 were
>from *mixing* some of the RAM I had in there. That was a world-class PITA to
>find...
>
>--
>Bruce Johnson
>University of Arizona
>College of Pharmacy
>Information Technology Group
>
>Institutions do not have opinions, merely customs
>

>--

Scars only tell us where we have been, they do not have to dictate where we are
going...