________________________________
From: Dana Collins <dlcatft...@frontier.com>
To: g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
Cc: Dana Collins <dncoll...@tayloru.edu>
Sent: Monday, 11 October, 2010 3:43:13
Subject: Re: How to burn VIDEO_TS

On 10/10/10 8:21 PM, Arnel Tuazon of a.tua...@gmail.com sent

> On 10/10/10 10:34 AM, "M Christol" <chris...@fuse.net> wrote:
>
>>   I downloaded a VIDEO_TS and cannot get it to DVD.
>> Tried Disk Utility
>> tried hdiutil makehybrid -udf-volume-name NAME -o ~/Desktop/name.iso
>> ~/Desktop
>> Apple DVD Player will launch but not play disk both ways. Sony DVD
>> player says it's unsupported both ways.
>> The VOB files play in VLC on Mac but not Fedora Core
>> Any ideas?
>> I have ffmpegx & iDVD. I guess I could convert everything to .movs,
>> string 'em together & use iDVD.....
>>
>> thanks
>
> I use Toast (v.6 - it's old but works great!).
>
> step1: Create a new folder and name it whatever you want
>
> step2: place your VIDEO_TS folder in this new folder
>
> step3: if you want audio, you'll need to create another folder inside the
> folder you created in step1.  Name this new folder AUDIO_TS.
>
> Just a re-cap, you will create a new folder and name it whatever you want.
> In this folder you'll have 2 folders: your VIDEO_TS folder and an empty
> folder called AUDIO_TS.
>
> step4: start Toast and choose DATA.  Make sure you're in ADVANCE mode and
> choose type DVD-ROM (UDF) from the left side pannel
>
> step5: drag your folder that has both the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder onto
> the main window of Toast (it should say "Drag files and folders into this
> area").
>
> step6: click the red burn button and follow the rest of the instructions on
> the screen.

Arnel,
As succinct and clear a summary of Toast procedure as I've ever seen.
Bravo!
Dana

Except in Toast 6, I always select "Video", then on the left panel choose
"DVD-Video from VIDEO_TS"

This gives you the option of selecting NTSC or PAL, and in Toast 8 or later,
you
also have the option to compress to fit on a standard single-layer blank DVD,
if
your VIDEO_TS folder >4.7GB

Ted