On 2010/10/11 14:35, Brian Fuelleman wrote:
Is there a way to adjust the volume on files prior to burning them to DVD?

You can boost audio in an audio editor such as Audacity, Peak, Sound Studio, Amadeus Pro, WavePad, etc… (Audacity and WavePad are free)

There is a learning curve with audio editors just as with video and graphic editors. I strongly suggest you back up the file first and then experiment with the audio, simply boosting the level may not give satisfactory results. You might need to apply normalization, noise reduction, or other 'effects' to get clear sound.

Most audio editors include a few VST plugins, if they don't give the effect you need there are a lot of free VST plugins you can find with a Google search. They can give your audio editor the ability to enhance the sound to your liking.

Apple includes some Plugins either with the OS, GarageBand, Soundtrack and/or Final Cut Express (I've had them for so long that I don't remember where they came from).

Tina

--

iMac 20" USB 2, 1.25 GHz G4, 2 GB RAM, GeForce FX 5200 Ultra 64 MB DDR
Power Mac June 04, 2 GHz G5 DP, 8 GB RAM, GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL 256 MB