On Oct 20, 2:55 pm, Kris Tilford <ktilfo...@cox.net> wrote:
> I went to the Apple site to watch the streaming video of the
> presentation and was rudely greeted with this:
>
> "Streaming video requires Safari 4 or 5 on Mac OS X Snow Leopard or
> Safari on iOS 3 or later."
>
> I'm on a PPC G5 with 10.5.8 and current Safari v. 5.0.2 (5533.18.5)
> and I CAN'T see the streaming video because it REQUIRES Snow Leopard
> 10.6!!!
>
> Sometimes Apple is so insane.

I hear you. My Pentium 4 ThinkPad running Windows XP, which compared
to your G5 is a pitiful old thing, streams video just fine. So I
suspect the whole "requires this and that" is Job's cash register
speaking.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for technological advancement. I'll be
among the first in line to try Lion --if it runs on my Core 2 Duo
iMac, that is. And most likely it will. But man, there has to be a
happy medium somewhere. I mean, the whole switch to Intel happened
barely five years ago, and all of a sudden it looks like the first
couple of generations of Intel Macs will be left out of the loop...

Felix