On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Dan <dantear...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  At 3:24 PM +0000 10/22/2010, Wallace Adrian D'Alessio wrote:
>
> Yeah, NAND cycles and SD vs HD is what this thread is about and not the
> fact that I was inspired by " LION" and Apple/Jobs going deep to the dark
> side is what this is about
>

> I think Apple is simply responding to customer desires, good or bad.
>
> People want laptops that are more rugged and have better battery life.
> Currently, the HD is a problem - it is fragile and a power pig.  So
> replacing it with SSD makes sense.
>
> WRT the life of the device... Remember, these machines use Intel parts - so
> they are simply not designed to have a life beyond 3 years or so.  For the
> *average* user that is overstocked with RAM, paging to the SSD will be
> minimal.  And since those users only do a trivial amount of photo
> editing...  probably the SSD will be ok, at least for the life of their
> AppleCare contract.
>

> At 3:30 PM +0000 10/22/2010, Wallace Adrian D'Alessio wrote:
>
> Well oh yeah, I'll tell you what you can do with your turning the thread
> about the complexities of Apple going to the dark side and hurting low
> enders from the real meaning of SD versus HDs and the NANO cycles etc. Much
> more important that you poor people concerned about how you can make money
> if Apple keeps up their S*it!
>
> SD vs HD is the crux of modern economics don't you GET it you indigent
> B77tard!
>

> The discussion of SSD vs HD is legit - it's going to be a BIG part of
> Lion's "standard" environment.
>
> Threads drift.  Get over it.
>
> - Dan.

Yeah talk about drives are THAT important.  Fiidling while Rome burns. The
sky is falling and I am looking for opinions of how fast and what the impact
radius of these Apple dictates changes might be and you want to remark in
the color of the dust.
Sure go ahead. No way I can stop you.

Talk about a figure - ground schism! Sheesh!

Even after someone tried to spin off the drive discussion in a courteous LEM
user term compliant way.

I can get over top posting. But thread hijackers and thread invaders still
piss me off.
Get over it.

--
Adrian D'Alessio aka; Fluxstringer