On Nov 10, 2010, at 9:42 AM, Dan wrote:

At 1:31 AM -0800 11/10/2010, MichaelP wrote:
[quoting repaired]
Yes, it's hijacked. He hijacked "PowerMac G3 AIO 'snapping/ popping'" thread.

I'm sensitive to and I object strongly to use of the word hijack to refer to refer to posting an original request for friendly help and info from exoerts if the request is written in some un-obvious way to contain hidden reference to an existing thread

A thread is said to be hijacked when someone posts into it a message that is totally unrelated to the thread, expecting to get some response. Doesn't matter how you feel about that term - that's simply what it's called. This is different than thread forking or drift in that those are usually at least somewhat related to the original topic.

The problem is that Google threads by *reference*, not by *subject*. To create a new thread, you must create a whole new post. You cannot simply change the subject field -- which is what you did.

- Dan.

Thank you, Dan.  You are ABSOLUTELY correct....   as quite often.  :)

Tim