On Jan 20, 2011, at 9:00 AM, Vanceone wrote:

A note to clarify:  Yes, a Sawtooth shipped originally with 8.6.
However, during it's production run that changed to be some version of
system 9.

Thanks for the tip. Hadn't even considered the possibility, and might have been in for a surprise trying to install OS 8.6. I might anyway (no time soon, though). I don't suppose there's any other way to find out, unless EveryMac's lookup feature (by serial number) is *that* specific, which I'm doubting.

Sean