On Feb 8, 2011, at 5:48 AM, Scotty wrote:

Does anyone know if the Apple Hardware CDs are specific to the machine
it was purchased with?

The reason I asked is I tried running the Apple Hardware Test CD from
my Quicksilver 2002 on a 733mhz Digital Audio G4 and it will not run.

AHT 1.2.4, which I got for my Quicksilver 2002 Dual 1GHz, just ran successfully on my Digital Audio Dual 533.

I did not remove my PCI cards on either machine as Apple suggests, or disconnect the Ethernet. Luck maybe? I had the Geforce4 MX native video card in each machine, if I remember correctly about the QS 2002. It is currently in my DA Dual 533.

After googling, I found:
http://www.applelinks.com/index.php/more/apple_posts_hardware_test_images_and_information_for_free_download/

which suggests AHT 1.2.6.

It links you to Apple's page for this version and others.
http://www.info.apple.com/support/aht.html

Good Luck.