On Jun 17, 2011, at 3:54 PM, Jonas Ulrich wrote:

Yes a G4 will not play Netflix, but other than that it will serve the average computer user. The higher end G4's WILL run Hulu, and Youtube. Actually even some of the lower end G4's, like my Dual 500MHZ run Youtube fine.

If someone wants a computer 'that just works', they aren't going to want to mess with virus protection on Windows, and the constant work it would take to keep the system useable.

True, a G4 system won't serve every user, but a dead Windows system won't serve any users.

-Jonas

I wish just once I could see the magic G4 500's that run "You Tube" just fine. I have G4's from G4 500, 867, 800, 1.0, 1.2, and 1.25GHz not one of them will play a smooth You Tube flick, plus the Bus speed is important on them too. Even trying to run You Tube in 240 is the closest I can tolerate, and not all You Tubes are available in 240.

JOHN CARMONNE
Yorba Linda CA
92886 USA
From TiBook 867