I bought the Pioneer  from Macsales (something like $30) when the
drive in my G4 933 QS would not write DVD's anymore.  Installing it
took 10 minutes. The other one they had was an LG.   It took a little
tweaking to get the drive to operate correctly but the tech support
people finally got me through it.  Had to delete a bunch of plist
items, remove the bezel from the drive,  and run Patch Burn.  I've
been using it for about 3 months so far with no problems.