On Jun 30, 2011, at 6:21 AM, rbridge wrote:

> I've upped RAM to 1Gb, OS is up to 10.4.11, and I'm trying to support
> Eyeball 2.0 Webcam/mike pkg by speeding up the USB to 2.0. I added a
> generic USB 2.0 PCI card with four ext and one int. port, but the
> machine doesn't seem to acknowledge it.

You need to have an OHCI-compatible card; however afaik most or all USB2 cards
are, since Windpws XP required OHCI as well.

What does system profiler say?

What OS and version are you using? OS 9 does not support USB2 and I'm not sure
all USB2 chipsets will work.

OSX should require no drivers, since USB2 support is built-in.

In OSX, it should just work, so either the card isn't plugged in all the way,
you have a dead PCI slot, or it's a DOA card.

--
Bruce Johnson

"Wherever you go, there you are" B. Banzai,  PhD