On Sep 19, 2011, at 12:25 AM, Charles wrote:

Yes, my mistake on the model of the card - Somehow I changed the 9 to
a 7.  Sorry about that.
The computer is: Apple Power Macintosh G4 800 DP (Quicksilver)
The video card is: 128MB ATI Radeon 9800pro AGP 8x Video Card VGA/ DVI/
TV 109-a07500-00

The only thing to check on this card is the firmware revision to make sure it's the latest. It should be at least version 130. You can check this in System Profiler. You can get the latest firmware here:
<http://themacelite.wikidot.com/wikidownloads2>

I know in the PC world (Linux/Windows) if you have the wrong drivers,
you may get 800X600.  This is doing 1920X1000+.  I didn't install any
drivers for it.

Drivers normally aren't necessary in OS X because OS X in a monolithic System and generally has all drivers for all supported hardware. OS X wastes HD space having all these extra drivers, but the advantage is you can move a HD, or clone a System, from one Mac to another with different hardware without needing to do anything. Any OS X System should boot on any supported hardware with minimal problems.

With it out of the system, I did turn the fan and it was not spinning
freely so I spun it with my finger for a while and seemed to loosen
up.
I'll put it  back in and fire it up with the system open so I can see
if the fan runs.

They place these fans on these cards for a reason. When the fan stops, the card will overheat and you'll start seeing artifacts on the display, and then it will seize up. You may need to replace the fan if you can find a suitable replacement, or get one of those larger fans that fits in a PCI slot if there's a slot near enough to this AGP card to cool it sufficiently.