Il giorno 14-10-2011 18:25, smac0031 ha scritto:

> I thought 10.4.11 was the most advanced OS a DA G4 can run and still
> use OS9 software. Lately, I'm getting the drift this isn't true.
Theoretically, the newest OSX G4 DA can run is 10.4.

IIRC you could install 10.5 on it, using some hacks (I think there's plenty
info on the Net).

> So, what is the highest OS this thing will run and still run classic
> stuff?
OTOH, whatever Mac you're using, Classic support was dropped in 10.5.
So if you still need Classic, you're "stuck" with 10.4.

Or, you can have two (or more) partitions (or disks) on your G4, with 10.4
and 10.5 on different partitions/disks.
VoilĂ , best of both worlds. :-)

PS: I know there are different hacks for using OS9 software (like
SheepShaver) but they don't seem a full solution.

PPS: On you G4 DA, you can still boot into OS9.
Hence, perhaps you could have 10.5 and boot into OS9 when you need using OS9
software.