----------  Original message  ----------
Subject: Re: Pesky hardware problem
Date:    Monday, 17. October 2011
From:    Kris Tilford <ktilfo...@cox.net>
To:      g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
> Leopard is about 15-20% slower on PPC Macs than Tiger according to
> benchmark tests like xBench or GeekBench (you can check either archive
> of test results to see actual numbers).

Well, that's a little much, isn't it?

Using Geekbench 2.1.4, my G4 “AGP Graphics” Dual-450 MHz has 477 points with
Tiger vs. 475 points with Leopard.

That is a 0.5% loss in speed. Nowhere near 15-20%.

With Geekbench 2.1.13, my G4 Cube single 450 MHz has 304 points with Tiger vs.
301 points with Leopard.

That is a 1% loss in speed.

An overall of up to 2% at max also reflects my experience. All other is only a
“felt” slowdown due to a graphics card without Core Image support or too less
memory.

Cheers,
Andreas  aka  Mac User #330250