On 2011/11/09 04:01, Bill Connelly so eloquently wrote:
Some day soon, I'd like to upgrade to a faster cpu Mac, from my current 10.5.8
based models: a QS 2002 Dual 1GHz and a Digital Audio Dual 533. A Dual 2 GHz
sounds really nice ...

I run many "older" apps such as Photoshop CS, InDesign CS, Adobe Golive CS,
Sibelius 3 and Ableton's Live 6 plus many other PPC based applications, and have
hesitated from upgrading because I thought I would need all new software for the
Intel-based-ness of the newer, faster Macs.

Am I wrong? Which Macs can I get, and still run all my software that I currently
run on my PPC G4s under Leopard 10.5.8?

An Intel Mac with Leopard or (preferably) Snow Leopard can handle that. If you want to go G5 my choice would be the 2.3GHz dual core. It was the final generation of the G5 Power Macs and the fastest air cooled model so there's no worrying about coolant leaks. It would help if you lived in a cool climate though, it really pumps out the heat and runs up the utility bill. My Mac Pro (below) use about half the electricity that my 2.0GHz G5 DP did and is significantly faster running multi-CPU process's.

Tina

--

Acceleron: HP Presario 2.8GHz Celeron D 2GB RAM Discrete graphics XP Pro
Luxo Jr: iMac 20" USB 2 1.25GHz G4 2GB RAM GeForceFX5200 Ultra 64MB VRAM 10.4.11