Lo,

At 02:15 30/11/2011, you wrote:

In a message dated 11/29/11 7:21:07 PM, marti...@bluebottle.com writes:

<snip>

>Skyler,
>My opinion is that you go to a G5. I have a gig-e DP450 & a DA with
>Sonnet 1.4 GHZ upgrade. Both cost me about $200 (the DA came Dec
>2010). XBench scores for the DA is in the range of 50-55.
>
>I just got a late 2005 G5 dual core 2.3 for $208 delivered with 4GB
>ram & a 6600 video card. Ebay had them for $160-300 last week
>including some water cooled quad cores.

Do you know how reliable the water cooled g5s are?
I seem to remember it being mentioned that the cooling system was not
very well built.

Probably be looking at a G5 in a years time so always good to prepare.

Martin N

This was recently addressed here by someone who has rebuilt leaky cooling units. IIRC there were two venders (Adelphi for early units & Panasonic for later models) and it was the early units that had leak issues. It was also stated that no matter what they should be inspected periodically. Check the list archives or google. Plenty or info.

Ok thanks for the information.

Martin N

Running MorphOS v2.6 (Nov 2010) on Mac Mini, Moderator of MiniDisc,amithlonopen,bwfc Yahoogroups