Lo,

At 00:09 01/12/2011, you wrote:
Il giorno 30-11-2011 0:57, Martin N ha scritto:

snip

Below is part of the msgs I got when talking about this:

> Apple had two different LCS's in the G5 PM 2.7 the Delphi (single pump) it was > pretty sure to leak and need to be rebuilt the other LCS was made by Panasonic
> (two pumps) that AFAIK never has leaked yet. I replaced my Delphi after two
> rebuilds and one Power supply with the later model Panasonic,  it's a much
> better built unit and easy to service if needed.
>

>> is there any easy way to tell which LCS I have on my G5?
>
> The easy way is to look at it with the G5 cover off and if it has
> copper tubes it's a Panasonic.
> The top of the processor has the name.
> Plus not all the Delphi's will leak but it's a real problem with these
> machines. If you need one rebuilt you can do it your self
> or Brian at  DT&T will do it cheap.
> http://www.dttservice.com/

Thanks for the archive information, it looks like i will have to ask a seller on ebay to take a photo of the inside to determine if it is the more reliable Panasonic.

Unless i pay the extra for a mac dealer refurb but they are a lot more expensive
than those on ebay when i was looking for my g4 mac mini.
This is in the UK so YMMV.

Martin N

Running MorphOS v2.6 (Nov 2010) on Mac Mini, Moderator of MiniDisc,amithlonopen,bwfc Yahoogroups