Hi,

Somehow recently I have clicked on something which has installed GoogleSoftwareUpdate and has put the Agent into my Login Items.

Try as I may it just will not go away!

Hiliting it in the login list and hitting the "-" below the list moves the hilite up one item but the GoogleSoftwareUpdateAgent stays just where it is. Unlocking the padlock makes no difference.

I have now removed the software itself and the item now shows "unknown" instead of "application" but still it persists.

Any ideas why this is and how to remove the agent? Does anyone know where the login items data is kept - could I edit that file?

TIA Ged