Il giorno 25/01/14 01.42, "smac0031" ha scritto:

> I disconnected all usb devices except the keyboard and a Logitech trackball
> and tried shutting down which also made no difference.
Try with just a standard keyboard and mouse (better if Apple). The trackball
is unusual and could be troublesome (unlikely but not impossible).

> I have a 5 port Usb 2.0 card in it.
For the love of God ;-) try removing it!
That could just be your culprit.

Additional cards are known to cause problems to sleep feature, and maybe
it's interfering with your shutdown as well.
And it may happen even without any device connected to it (the card would
still be interacting with the system).

> Rarely, something happens with
> the USB something and the computer will quit all by itself.
This very likely points to the USB subsystem - starting with the USB card.

Is it a Mac-compatible card, or just a regular PC (Windows) card?
If the latter, it's likely its behavior is flaky: I had more than one
working just temporarily, or partially.

---
"G-Group" group.
to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.