Thanks, Bruce.

I am about to purchase an LG drive from OWC (with an SATA-IDE/ATAPI
converter).  I realize that I will likely loose write capability, but I
think that is a function of the adapter that is coming with the product.

 I'm in the process of researching other adapters that might allow me to
write with the appropriate S/W.

Bill

On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 2:27 PM, Bruce Johnson <john...@pharmacy.arizona.edu
> wrote:

> > On Aug 21, 2017, at 11:04 AM, Roger Hodge <rogerdale...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I bought this one for my G5 and It works Great!
> >
> > LG internal / Gh22 Super Multi DVD rewriter 22x 8.5GB DVD+R
>
> G5’s use SATA drives and optical drives. QS systems use ATA. Different
> interface.
>
> --
> Bruce Johnson
> University of Arizona
> College of Pharmacy
> Information Technology Group
>
> Institutions do not have opinions, merely customs
>
> --
> --
> group/g3-5-list
>
> ---