Feature Requests item #987868, was opened at 2004-07-09 06:56
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=987868&group_id=235

Initial Comment:
On several occasions it happened that, during some
random typing on the computer, a GAIM window pops up
saying that someone somewhere asks to add me on their
buddy list. However, as I am typing away, I happen to
press SPACE just 0.1s after the window appears, and the
window goes away in a flash, without me not even having
the chance to see what it actually said.

The would-be buddy is denied before I even considered
adding to the list. And, for the record, so far I have
denied no questions.

The same holds for other GAIM notices that pop up. The
default OK button gets pressed before I actually have
the opportunity to read the window.

You might consider making it more difficult for the
warnings to slip through this way. However, it is not
convenient to make the popup more difficult to close;
it would IMHO be better that notices be saved, so  that
a log window can be displayed where one could see all
system messages that have been received, and where
pending requests can be attended to. The user might
have a choice of wheter to make this window pop up or
not, and whether GAIM should notify the user. This
might even qualify to be a plugin.